Friday, February 20, 2009

Error Access to c:\program files\flashget\default.jcd was denied

Today after formatting my friend's PC, I encounter this problem during downloading using flashget. It happens on a Vista platform.

I searched the internet to find the solution. This is how you do it.

Error message : Access to c:\program files\flashget\default.jcd was denied

There are 3 solutions:

1) Reinstall FlashGet to a different location other than under the "Program Files" directory.

or

2) Delete the file default.jcd

or

3) Right click on the file C:\Program Files\FlashGet\default.jcdselect properties, security, edit permissions for Users and give full access.will slove the problem

ps: I used the third solution and it work just fine. If any of you tried using the first or second solution, can you post me the result whether it works. Thank You.

Solution taken from www.errorforum.com

1 comment: